Monday, August 23, 2010

What is the best acting advice you have for me?Come on, just about anything will be appreciated.Please?

I'm sort of a really bad actor and I seriously need to brush up my acting skills, so I desperately need the best advice any of you can give me, thank you so much!What is the best acting advice you have for me?Come on, just about anything will be appreciated.Please?
Don't try too hard, stop trying to force it...





Remember, you don't ACT, you just ARE.





:)What is the best acting advice you have for me?Come on, just about anything will be appreciated.Please?
Take a deep breath. Being desperate won't get you anywhere.


Read through your scene(s). read it again. And again. Know it by heart. Find what you character wants above everything else. Write it at the top of the page. But make it as if you want it. ';I want you (my dad) to love me'; for example. Then go through the script and list any obstacles. They could be location (if you're in a crowded store, people could hear your conversation that you would want to be private), race, gender, height, social status, ect. List any possibles. Figure out what you're trying to achieve at each moment and what is preventing you from getting it.


Then when you do the scene, focus on what you want and LISTEN. If you really want to be in the moment and seem real, really listen to what your scene partner is saying. Don't fake listening. Actually listen. Actually listen and genuinely respond.


Once you've mastered that then you can add things to your performance, like props, backstory, inner monologues, place, 4th wall, substitution, ect.


The key to acting is to focus. You have to constantly be thinking about what you want and why you aren't getting it. Respond to that. That's all acting is. Relax. Allow yourself to listen and be in that moment without thinking about others. All that matters is you and what you want. That's the most important thing. Everything else is superfluous. Focus.


I hope this has helped. Feel free to email me if you have other questions.


Break a leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment