Monday, August 23, 2010

Please help, I need some advice about nursing, anyone been in the same situation as follow?

I did a degree in nursing, which I just finished a few months ago. I started work in ICU and been ther for 4 weeks now! As much as I enjoyed doing my nursing training, I'm now thinking of doing something different. I'm now feeling that nursing is not for me. Is there any job (apart from nursing) I can do with a nursing degree/ qualification??





Pls help anyonePlease help, I need some advice about nursing, anyone been in the same situation as follow?
Firstly, have you considered nursing in a different environment? ICU nursing can be very stressful, and involves a bit less (conscious) patient interaction than other types of nursing. So why not look into another area of nursing, such as on other wards, or as a practice nurse, or a school nurse?





Apart from that, it's difficult to say which jobs or post graduate qualifications will be available to you with a nursing degree. There's a chance you'd be able to train as a science or primary school teacher, if that would interest you. Basically, you'd be looking at jobs that ask for degrees, but not degrees in certain disciplines - there are a lot of office/marketing etc. jobs that ask for unspecified degrees.





The best thing you can do is contact the Job Centre, and perhaps one or two universities, and see what your options are.
  • cosmetics online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment