Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need advice about what I can do to stop these feelings?

My fiance and I have been together for alittle over 3 years now. I love him SO much, he does so much for me, he always trys to make sure I am taken care of, etc. He basically treats me like a queen, except for occasional times when he gets mad and he slips up and raises his voice but it is never very long and he always apoligizes right after. Anyway. I have bi polar. I am not on meds. I need to be but almost everything I have ever been on for it makes me into a zombie or makes me sleep all day. I have a bunch of stress on my shoulders, Our landlord is wanting to charge an extra 100 dollars a month on a house that we are buying except the 100 dollars isnt suppose to be going toward the purchase of our house, it is SUPPOSE to be for repairs. What does it matter if it is OUR house? Why can't we make the repairs? I just dont understand it! I went to the doctor the other day and they told me that I have to change my eating habits, I have to lose weight,(read more below)I need advice about what I can do to stop these feelings?
I am 100% with eharrah1. First agenda is to get your brain in order. Then you'll have mental resources to address the other problems. That means getting an effective medical treatment for your bipolar disorder. My ex has bipolar disorder and I have several friends with pretty severe bipolar. So I think I know from whence I speak.





Like eharrah1, I can't imagine any medicine combination for bipolar disorder that would leave you zombified or sleeping all day. If your doctor isn't cooperative, FIRE THE BUZZARD! That's what I had to do to start getting effective treatment for my major depression. I went to a new doctor that my psychologist knew had a good rep. and I finally started getting better.





BTW, as others have indicated, the meanness you're exhibiting toward your boyfriend most likely is one of the symptoms of your bipolar disorder. Not everyone with bipolar has what I call ';the mean streak';, but many do--including my ex.





I'm not saying everything will be hunky-dory once you get on proper meds, but at least you'll have resources to begin tackling the problems. You definitely have enough on your plate (plates?) without having your bipolar running interference. And you DEFINITELY don't want it getting to the point of starting to have psychotic (manic) episodes (if you haven't had them already). Having ';accompanied'; her on four of my ex's episodes, it'll wipe both of you out.





So please--for both of your sakes, get back into treatment and persist until you get a ';recipe'; that works for you.I need advice about what I can do to stop these feelings?
Sounds like you need to find a new doctor. Bipolar meds should not make you feel like a zombie. My hubby's father was bipolar. He was on meds that were right for him. You have a lot of problems you are dealing with. Your bf is evidently real supportive. Don't lose him. Get on your right meds. Get him to fix your car and go on with your life. It is possible to have a regular life and still be bipolar. Good luck.
Gosh girl. I really feel for you. One thing at a time. If you guys are buying a house why are you paying the landlord extra money. Just buy the house. If it becomes a problem don't, Get out of it.


You being mean to your man, is obviously about the bipolar. Just get back on the med. explain that the stuff you have taken in the past made you either tired ot like a zombie. Andd see what can be done to fix or adjust the problem there.


Your man seems to really love you and if all you have to comlpain about is that he once in a while yells at you, weel girl you got it made. People get stressed no matter what goes on in their lives.it's ok. One would go mad if they couldn't scream from time to time. he needs a realease too.


I ghope you can work it out. If you can't work out the deal with the land lord, you two will find a netter house. And get in your meds again. it is better for you and your man in the longrun. At least you will feel better. And I told you already a few days ago wha t to do about your diabetis. You are not too old to make a change in eatting habits. You can do it girl. If you want to tak to me you can contact me anytime. I will try to be there for you!!
I think you need to get a stable job and get your issues taken care of. Don't get mad at him for getting mad because it probably stressful for him... you need him a lot more than you know and he seems to be very good to you! death is never the answer. Try to find balance in your life and go over al this with your boy
No offense but perhaps if you exercise that may help you relive some stress...try praying also....and try not to be mean to your bf, he's shows that her really cares... Good Luck!
Bipolar is a serious disease, I lost my mom to it she just gave up on life and faded away. You have to have med's keep going to your doctor until the right one suits you, otherwise you will not be able to deal with any of your troubles at the moment you have to get yourself fixed first and everything else will fall into place later. I don't get why you have a landlord if you bought the house it should be yours and the banks-just a bit confused on that one. Anyways, sweetie get yourself well first, pleazzzze...
Your emotions are all over the place and that is pretty much the norm for bi-polar. I know that you said that you have tried meds and they make you feel like a zombie but did you give them time to regulate? Alot of people don't realize that it can take up to 6 weeks for that to happen before some of the acute effects start to subside.


Please remember that this is a chemical inbalance that you can be treated so you don't feel so overwhelmed. Good luck
first find something that relaxes you like reading or going for a walk, writing in a journal and take out ME TIME to do these relaxing things first. you can change your eating habits and exercise more, exercising is also a way to relive stress so while talking a walk sing or hum a happy tune, find whatever it is that makes you happy and do it.


Also write down what you are eating so that you can get a handle on your eating habits, and get different opinions from different doctors.


I hope this helps!!
You have two options, regardless of the events working out.


Accept it or resist it.





If you want stress, then resist. If you want peace, then accept.





Life (God, whatever) does all of this to you, out of compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment