Monday, August 23, 2010

I only have 24 credits after 4 years and I need advice about the 2 year degree in social work?

If I get a associate agree at a community college and then transfer to a 4 year college that has a social work program, will I have to retake some classes when I get the 4 year college. What I am asking is it better to get an associate degree then transfer to a university; or transfer to a university and not get an associate degree. The university has a sociology program and a program that specializes in human services. I don't want to retake classes when I transfer. I passed remediate classes in 2004 and still only have 24 credits because I go part time. My sister said I should think about it before I spend another 4 years in college. Do you think I am wasting my time. It took me a year to finish my remedial classes. I feel ashame. have finish most of my hard classes now. Can you give me any advice.I only have 24 credits after 4 years and I need advice about the 2 year degree in social work?
This is where good advising comes in. Assuming you know which college you want to transfer into what you want to look at are the graduation requirements for the college (usually called something like general education requirements) and the prerequisites for the BSW program (these will usually include statistics, human biology, psych, soc and maybe an ethnic studies course). You CC ideally has articulation agreements on what courses that you take at the CC count for the general education requirements. Your advisor should be able to help you figure all this out. You can also talk with the faculty at the BSW program, they will usually be more than willing to advise you.





You should not be ashamed that it has taken you time to take remedial classes to get you up to speed on being able to complete college work. Education is an investment in your future. It will open up many more possibilities for you not only in employment but other areas of your life as well.





Increasingly people take more than ';four'; years to complete their degrees (especially when you are going part time and have not had the educational background that put you in a position to perform at your best. Keep plugging away, but continue to ask questions and use your advisor. DAI only have 24 credits after 4 years and I need advice about the 2 year degree in social work?
They're right. Finish your AA at least. It's work some extra BUCKS at some jobs.
If you are at an accredited school, why not finish the AA? You'll have a degree, and maybe it can help you get an even better job.





You don't re-do credits, the last two years are advanced. Even if you take similar classes, they are usually at a much higher level.





Why not email your cc and ask if they have articulation agreements with universities? This means that the university takes cc credits from that school.





Education is never a waste of time. Good for you that you're doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment