Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need advice about using another hairdresser?

My family %26amp; I have been going to the same hairdresser for the past 5 yrs. While I haven't been as happy lately, I still want to continue using her but also want the option of using someone else. My beefs? She's not there much (3 days wk) so its sometimes hard to get an appointment. The past few times I was kept waiting 1/2 hr. past my time because of lateness on her part or her customer's part. Another time she booked another client during my time, so after my foils were washed, she tried to get me to sit for 30 mins. w/conditioner on my head while she worked on this client until I spoke up. There are some other issues too. I would like to experiment with using another hairdresser, to keep my options open. As with anything, I don't think that it's a good idea to ';keep your eggs in one basket.'; Any advice? Before you say it, Yes, I have tried to speak to her about issues a few times-nothing changes.I need advice about using another hairdresser?
Bottom line....you're the client and you're entitled to use any stylist that you choose. If she only works 3 days a week she has to understand that her clients are going to need to go to others from time to time (And unless she's a real jerk....she probably has someone she refers her overflow to.). That being said, she is extremely disrespectful of your time to treat you as she does. I see this often in the industry and it just gets my goat! It's generally greed that causes stylists to treat their clients this way but there is an off chance that she has the inability to say, ';No.';. But, since you've tried to talk to her, to no avail, I would say it's more on the greed side. You don't owe her an explanation, you don't owe her anything.........feel free to go to another stylist, possibly one in another salon if you feel uncomfortable. Remember, you're the one who is PAYING for a service and you deserve to be treated well.I need advice about using another hairdresser?
variety is the spice of life, you might get some great advice if you visit another salon.
well...if nothing changes...u make a change. she shows no respect, so i advise u to go elsewhere.
If nothing changes, it seems apparent that she doesn't value you as a client for some reason. This is unfortunate.





I have been in this situation before,but it's usually after trying someone for the first time and I didn't want to go back to them because I didn't like what they did for my hair.





Since you are paying wages for service, you can either speak to the salon manager and explain how you feel, or just book yourself an appointment with someone else when the other stylist isn't there. You need to be happy with the stylist and the service. After all, this is what great customer service is all about.
Well, if you want to stay at the same salon, you can ask her to refer you to someone else in the salon. Or just book an appointment with another stylist there. Or, if you're interested in going to a different salon, go.





Stylists are very competitive, so if you went to someone else, THAT stylist would be very accommodating-and you probably wouldn't be albe to EVER book an appt. with you stylist.





Or, simply let her know her schedule doesn't fit with yours and ask her to recommend someone.
I'd definately test the waters elsewhere.





If you've mentioned it to her before and she didn't do anything about it, that is irresponsible on her part.





Give another stylist a chance! (me if you're in the Houston area. haha)
try using hairdresser that other people would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment