Monday, August 23, 2010

I need some advice about the following?

I am 32 soon to be 33 years old. I am thinking about going back to college either the fall of 2008 or the spring of 2009. I had recently went to a community college and had been out for four year now.


Here is what I need the advice about should I go back to the college that I had recently gone to or just transfer to a four year college or university? I have been looking at this one college in rhode island that is more of a career college. Even my first or second semester I can probably get into internship somewhere.I need some advice about the following?
I went back to college at 36. I did a 'running start'; by first going to a community college for about a year then transeferring in. I was glad I did this as it prepared me to return to the academic mindset of planning out my time to accomodate studying, papers, and projects.





When I transferred to UCLA, I did much better than my counterparts that came straight in. They weren't as ready for the pressure on their time and the higher expectations that professors had.





Being an older student will give you an advantage: many professors will see you as being more responsible and mature. Make sure you take the time to visit each professor in his/her office during the first week of class - it makes a great impression that comes in handy should you need help or extra time.





Good luck!I need some advice about the following?
I would first find out exactly what courses you have to take for your career choice and find out which classes that you have already taken will transfer. This will save time and $. I have also found that the career colleges are a little more relaxed and you can really focus on your area of interest. If you don't know exactly which area you want to focus on then I would continue with general education requirements and then transfer to the career college once you get that base and a career in mind. Hope this helps. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment