Thursday, August 19, 2010

Advice about my hyper labrador?

I have a 7 month old black labrador and she is very very hyper. Everytime I come anyone comes home or people are visiting she jumps up at them and wont leave them alone. When I take her out for a walk and she sees another dog she runs round in circles around them and wont listen to me. Has anyone else had the same problem? Can you help?Advice about my hyper labrador?
Hee. I have a Pit mix who's pretty similar. The one thing that helped me was to read Cesar Millan's books and implement his philosophy. It made a HUGE difference... especially buying a back pack for him...Advice about my hyper labrador?
Labradors are very energetic dogs that needs lots of exercise.


They need long and daily walks, work, and long play times.


They can also attend agility training and swimming time


Because they have so much energy in them, if you don't let them get all that energy out, they will try to get it out my barking, jumping, anyway they can to get it out.


They need lots of exercise or they will display behavior problems.


They can get bored easily.


If you get rid of all that energry, she will become a calmer and more enjoyable dog.



labs usually don't calm down until there 2 years old!


take your lab outside more and make him run off all his energy

No comments:

Post a Comment