Saturday, July 31, 2010

What should I do about this? please help! would like advice from someone who has had a similar scenario?

I have a chicken egg that may possibly have live chick a live in it. The date I thought it was due to hatch on was July 14th. But apparently it didn't hatch on that date. I had been tld by someone who owns chickens that depending on how long the egg went without being incubated its normal for it to be late.





Since I don't know when the egg was laid or how its gone with being incubated so I'm sure if its late or not. The same person that told its normal for it to be late also said maybe I should wait until the of the month to see what happens. Well, tomorrow is July 31st the last day of the month, the egg still hasn't hatched.





Should I give a bit more time or gently open it and find what's happend?





FYI: I've been keeping it in a homemade incubator I made myself I also candled it today and there's a shadow that has taken up all the room in the egg except for the aircell.





What should I do about this?





Also has anyone had a scenario similar to mine?





Please help!





answer!What should I do about this? please help! would like advice from someone who has had a similar scenario?
From what I saw on the internet, it should be 21 to 23 days. Here is the link to figure out how long it takes different types of poultry eggs to hatch:





http://www.homestead.com/shilala/Howlong鈥?/a>





When a chick is ready to hatch, you wouldn't be able to see any clear areas in the egg when you candle it. The chick takes up the whole inside of the egg. I am guessing that the chick started to form and then died. After 2 weeks of waiting, I would think that the egg would be ready to hatch or at least fill up most of the egg. If you wait another week and see no growth, it is most probably dead.What should I do about this? please help! would like advice from someone who has had a similar scenario?
what you should do is keep it warm for maybe 3 or 4 more days and if nothing give it 1 more day then just poke a little hole in it and see if that helps any good luck
Leave it for a while. If it doesn't hatch in about 2 weeks, then put it in the incubator.
too long
Can't you ';candle'; it??? Hold it right up to a light bulb and see if you can see the chick, or at least something taking up the entire inside of the egg.
Before chicks hatch you may hear them peeping for a day or two. Pay attention and good luck is all I can say

No comments:

Post a Comment