Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ok, so i just started playing high school football and i know very little about my playbook. any advice?

Its hard to study my playbook.Ok, so i just started playing high school football and i know very little about my playbook. any advice?
OK for the first time everyone that has answered actually has good ideas. I will add a very little bit from a coaches point of view.





1. That playbook NEVER leaves your side. I dont just mean dont lose it I mean everytime you have a chance you open it and study.





2. Study it just like homework, but not in place of home work. Find someone with your position, make sure you have there cell number, home number, work number, msg number, pager, email address, myspace....... ETC. Then set times to study with them on the phone and in person. E-mail is when it might be to late to call if you have a qeustion,





3. Have the Head Coaches number, Your position coach number and the cordnatior number. Once agin for question you might have.





4. After you have masterd your position and I mean know it front and back with out hestation. Then move on to another position. If you are o-line lets say LG then learn RG and work your way out to tackle. X WR learn Y and Z routes and so on. The more you know the more PT you get.





5. If you have a video game that allows you to create plays then create your playbook. It is a fun way to learn it and it does not seem like ';work'; as much.Ok, so i just started playing high school football and i know very little about my playbook. any advice?
yeah breaking down the playbook is your best option i had the same problem when i was in high school my freshman year but i played qb so i had to learn it fast by the end of the year i memorized it good........but anytime you in da weight room or any thing that isn't a timed workout of after school ask one of your coaches for the playbook mean while you work out of chill with them in the room just learning but i mean put everything to learn them or else you'll be wasting your time
First of all, you still have plenty of time to study. Just get a decent understanding of the plays. Once practice starts, it will be easier to understand the plays. If your a linemen, just focus on your steps and the type of blocking scheme it is, either passing or running. If your a position player, remeber your routes, and your steps. And if your a back, just worry about what hole you have to run through. If your a QB, study what you have to do for each play, and the routes for your recievers, and also how far you have to drop back.
Break down every play into individual numbers or names, R over 47 Boot, for example, boot tells me to roll out, 47 tells me to play action a 47 buck hand off, and R over tells the receiver where to line up
first off, what position do you play? if you tell me that I can help you





my email is naburbaugh1@yahoo.com


hit me up and I'll help ya
If you have a hard time understanding a basic high school playbook I suggest you go back to maybe 6th or 7th grade.
Just know your role and look it over every night before you go to bed or something..





good luck!
become your coaches best friend. find a mentor - an older player - that you can work out with and will help you.
swallow your pride and ask another player you feel comfortable with to go over it with you

No comments:

Post a Comment