Thursday, July 29, 2010

Please give your advice about a work issue

I am a teacher and have been taking classes to earn my master's degree in school counseling. One of the classes is an internship that consists of working 300 hours in a guidance office. I currently teach full time, so getting in 300 hours during the school year is extremely difficult seeing as much of the interaction is during school hours. I am thinking of teaching part time during one school semester. That means I would teach half of the day and spend the other half in a guidance office. It would be a significant pay decrease, but Im sure we can swing it. What should I do? How do you think a boss would react to this?Please give your advice about a work issue
I would suggest that you keep your job and look for some kind of work during the evening hours and perhaps on a Saturday.





Otherwise your idea of teaching part time is a good one but if the principal objects to this, then look in your collective agreement to see if cutting down on work hours is acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment