Thursday, July 29, 2010

I have a cat that im worried about and would like advice.?

He is an Orange abd what Tabby, over weight roughly say 25 ibs. Around 7 years old. I do have other cats that are not as heavy. the last few days all he does is sleep. he hardly moves around. today he finally drank. I dont see him eat. He released his yellow fluid. so i dont know whats wrong.I have a cat that im worried about and would like advice.?
';released his yellow fluid';????


you mean he puked?


Maybe he needs some fresh grass to eat.





***Just read your update! ---if it's diarrehea and very liquidy with paleness (yellow, oily, super rancid foul-smelling), then I agree with 1 ans., pancreatic, or could be liver problem or even a bowel obstruction.


My guess is it's one of those 3 related.


Pls. take to vet ASAP for confirmation and treatment.


Hope this helps.I have a cat that im worried about and would like advice.?
May just have some kind of infection. My cat weighed 24 lbs and all he did was lay around and sleep. Try to feed him some canned food see if he will eat that. If he won't eat it you probably need to take him to the vet. I have one of my outside cats that got to where he wouldn't eat and the vet gave him some purina stuff that I was supposed to sprinkle over her food and would help her get her appitite back. It seemed to work. My 24 lb. inside cat just sleeps all the time, I think he is just lazy because he eats and drinks fine.
It is very dangerous for a cat as heavy as yours to not eat. His liver can be severely damaged from lack of food.





Please get him to a vet as soon as you can. If you don't you can very well lose him very fast.
don't worry your cat is getting older lazier my cat does that and its less than a year old if your really that worried though go to a vet
He might be too overweight so take him to your vet. Or put food out only for him that is a diet food. It worked for a friend's cat but he was much worse. Good Luck, hope he ok.
you need to call and talk with the vet. You kitty needs you to do that for him.
A yellow fluid from the lower end signifies that the anal gland has burst and an infection is likely present. If the anal gland becomes full due to lack of release an infection can develop and cause them to burst producting a yellow to light brown fluid often seen where the cat sits and/or around the anal area.





This will need to be treated as soon as possible to prevent spread of infection. A vet can prescribe an antibiotic and sometimes there are antibiotics available at certain pet stores. You can check into that...I know my store carries antibitoics for pets but we are not a large store chain. Another option until you get to a vet is colloidal silver, a broad spectrum natural antibiotic you can get from a health food store. Follow instructions for infant. I suggest taking your cat to a vet as soon as you can based on his lethargic state and possibitlity of infection. Your cat may be in some pain as well depending on the severity of the afflicted site if this is what your cat has experienced.





If it is diahrrea you speak of, your cat can quickly become dehydrated and will still need to see a vet, especially if the diahrrea is persistant and the cat remains lethargic. He may be diabetic in this situation. If it is urine, your cat may have a urinary tract infection that has progressed causing his lethargic state. He will need an antibiotic if this is the case.
If he's not eating, you need to take him to a vet as soon as possible. When a cat stops eating, it's never a good sign, and it needs to be addressed ASAP. If they stop eating, they can develop hepatic lipidosis. (Fat builds up in the liver and clogs it.) It's very serious and they can die. If he were my cat, I'd take him to the doctor first thing in the morning.
sounds like his pancreas...from obesity...I think he needs to see the vet....

No comments:

Post a Comment