Thursday, July 29, 2010

Are 3 kids way harder than 2? Also advice about close siblings?

I am pregnant with my last baby, and I am really nervous about adding the third. Also my youngest will only be 15 months older than the new baby. I am so scared! Was it a lot different adding the third than the second? And did you have problems with kids just over a year apart? Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks!Are 3 kids way harder than 2? Also advice about close siblings?
You will be fine! It is a little chaotic at first but smooths out within a month or so. My first 2 were 4 years apart and that was hardest because my daughter was past napping and my son had his days and nights turned around. I was awake all night with him and then awake during the day with her!


My 3rd was my angel baby, she rarely cried, slept well from the get go and had a 6 year old sister and a 2 year old brother that like to bounce her seat or wind her swing. Then my 4th came along 18 months later..........3 in diapers because my son was a late potty trainer. I bought 2 diaper genies and kept one in the babies room and one in living room as well as diapers and wipes. When they ate, slept, pooped and played became my entire world for a while. I learned to let the housekeeping go a bit and laundry seemed to grow overnight but I wouldn't trade those chaotic and fun memories for anything. Just remember to sleep when you can and shower when ever there is another adult around to play with them! And it is normal to feel overwhelmed at times, but IT DOES NOT LAST FOREVER! They become their own little unit and can play with the same types of toys and will fight with and love each other fiercely. They will gang up together against you and other times surround you with more joy and love than you thought possible. (and they won't remember the dust, the dirty dishes or the laundry, but they will remember if you laid on the floor and played or read books to them or took them to the park!)


Don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy every minute you can because they will grow up in a blink of an eye!Are 3 kids way harder than 2? Also advice about close siblings?
My kids are REALLY close together my son was 5 in march my daughter will be 4 in nov and my youngest girl was 2 in may. They play ALL the time but also fight ALL the time. It is a little hard when my girls both want to be carried but I wouldn't trade them being so close for anything. My youngest at 2 is a smart little thing because she tries to keep up with the older ones. My mom was 7 yrs younger then her youngest brother aka he was the youngest at 7 before she came around and my mother said it was hard on her because she never got to feel close to him or the oldest brother. My middle thought it was the best thing in the world to have a little baby and would feed her baby doll next to me when I would feed my youngest. Good luck I hope it turns out as great for you.
My answer is about close siblings. My younger sister and I were 16 months apart. We were best friends growing up, we shared a room until in our teens, we went to the same schools generally, we had some of the same friends, we were inseperable for most of our childhood. It was like having a twin. I loved it.





Mary P... I was one of 3 kids... none of us ever felt left out. Actually if one was busy there was always another kid to play with. It was great. We never ganged up on each other.
I think it is good to have kids around the same age..BUT...


';3'; is never a good number.....they will take turns but 2 of them will always side against the third. Being siblings has nothing to do with it....any 3 kids will do the same.. just playmates......one will always be left out


Good luck sweetie..HUGS!!
I have found that the transition from none to one was the hardest. That was the biggest life transition. I have 3 kids and one on the way - all between 18 and 22 months apart. My second has developmental delays to top it off. When we went to 3, it was hard at first because there was an adjustment period where we had to work very hard because at the beginning there are so many diapers of course and if the next one isn't potty trained - well - I'm looking at having 3 in diapers because of having a developmentally delayed 3 year old in the mix. You just get used to it after several months and you develop a good routine. Until the littler ones get big enough to be rough and tumble it is hard to keep them from getting too rowdy at times and hurting one another. But, not to worry - you're not alone that's for sure. I've heard of other moms having 4 or 5 close and they all say it's really a blast since they turn into really good friends. The biggest challenge for me is the first few months with a new baby because mommy is wiped out and trying to breastfeed and keep the others safe wherever you go - it certainly has stifled my freedom. I think twice before going anywhere with the 3 of them and consideing if my husband can be with me and how much danger is there. So, sometimes I stay home with the little ones and my husband takes the oldest somewhere or vice versa. We also use alot of humor to get through the day. The biggest change is how much they eat - and as they get bigger keeping up with the increase in grocery bills - but you find a way - it's like more kids - more grace. It's how moms are designed. But, I think there are reasons for caution and to always ask for help when needed. Never turn down an offer of help! It's also funny how they pick up negative behavior from each other. Yeah - my 3 year old tends to bully on his siblings - but they forgive and love each other and enjoy one another tremendously so all that is not such a big deal. My husband and I depend on each other a ton and are totally committed - I think that makes he biggest difference. It's all worth it - it's easy to be scared but it's going to be just fine - fo me too! All of my friends with 5 or 6 kids say that after the third you've been through it so much that it's not a huge impact in adding more. Most nomally developing kids can start to handle chores and help you out a ton starting at about age 4. My five year old helps clean house, get diapers, helps with dishes and cleaning up after meals - it's not always easy - but she's amazing!
  • stila
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment