Monday, July 26, 2010

Can i have some advice about a rape please?

Okay, i was raped 3 months ago, i wrote a statement then, my i withdrew it a few days later. I now want to re-write my statement, which will include a lot of extra information... do you think the cops will let me?





i am 16 btwCan i have some advice about a rape please?
I'm sure they will, but you've just hurt your cause and given the defending counsel some valuable firepower. Though I would not let that prevent you from filing a statement.





I hope you had a valid reason as to why you withdrew your statement because it will be brought up. I also hope that you were seen by a doctor at which time a ';rape kit'; was issued.





In either case, you're a minor so speak with your parents, then an attorney, then the police. There really is no excuse for a man to rape a woman, so good luck to you. I'd even research some ';rape'; groups and speak with a counselor who specializes in rape victims. They're out there.Can i have some advice about a rape please?
If you withdrawing that statement resulted in the perpetrator being found not guilty, you will be hard pressed to submit it again.





If a trial never started, or was declared a mistrial, talk to the police.





The prosecutor will have to decide, based on the circumstances, whether or not the charges are enough to sustain. It doesn't sound like this got to any form of a trial, but you withdrawing your statement will definitely open you up to credibility challenges from a defense attorney.





Call the police station up and tell them the story. No one here will be able to help as much as they can.
What happened, get mad at your BF and try to charge him with rape and then a few days later you guys made up and now you guys are on the fritz again? I'm tired of seeing guys get charged with rape because some girl gets mad at him. I'm not saying it happens every time, but we all know it happens a lot.
probably not, unless you can convince them you were threatened to withdraw the statement. You realize that if you go to court changing your mind like this will be pointed out and it will probably weaken your case and hurt your credibility?
I doubt it, the withdrawing of the statement will make it Very easy for the defense lawyer to cast reasonable doubt on whether or not you were raped

No comments:

Post a Comment