Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What advice should I give my mother for being guilty about reporting my sister .?

My stole and brother in law stole my parents identity to obtain a loan that theyre no longer paying.We just learned about it when collection agencies started sending notices and calls to our apartment.I need help in how to make her guilt feelings go away.My parents are elderly and I don't want them to feel guilty.Please I need help.What advice should I give my mother for being guilty about reporting my sister .?
I would sit my mom down and tell her all of the things that she did for and with me throughout my life - all the good memories I would tell her what a great parent she was. Make her feel good about herself. Then tell her that had she not reported your sister, perhaps you would feel that she was not the mother you thought she was, or maybe you would have been disappointed. Let her know that her decision made YOU happy because it reinforces what she taught you. You can't take away her guilt for turning her child in (even though she was right to do it), but you can make her feel good about what kind of a parent she was for you.What advice should I give my mother for being guilty about reporting my sister .?
Remind mom that if her daughter would steal from her she will steal from anyone. As her mother it is part of her job to teach her right from wrong. By turning them in your mom gave them the best opportunity to learn from their mistakes.





If your mom continues to feel overtly guilty then perhaps she would benefit from some professional counseling.





Love in Him,


tshandra
Your sister is guilty, not your parents. They aren't responsible for her crime. They aren't responsible for bearing a debt they didn't authorize. I can't help you much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment