Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Do u actually take the advice given on here about ur kids or ur health?

I was just wondering do u take the advice given to u about ur kids or us healthDo u actually take the advice given on here about ur kids or ur health?
I don't think I would take it as gospel or as my only resource for information - however, when it is clear that the advice is sound and sane and it makes sense, I think I would be foolish not to take from it what good that I could get from it. Sometimes I'm convinced that people are not really asking a question when they come to this forum for answers - I think they are looking for a consensus, or for validation about things they already have some pretty strong ideas about. It's comforting to have others to 'talk' to sometimes - and the fact that this is anonymous is another positive feature--since the people don't know us personally, they don't get caught up in our personal drama with our friends and relatives -- they can be more objective and fair. I know I've even been able to tell people nicely that they are the problem - and have actually gotten some Best Answers because I said something that the asker hadn't thought of -- So, I guess the answer is yes, but within reason and with due caution...Do u actually take the advice given on here about ur kids or ur health?
That depends on the advice. In the end, I would always listen to my doctor. But sometimes you don't have time at a doctor's appointment for every little question (this is my first pregnancy, and I have a million questions. Most are quite minor in nature.)





As far as parenting advice, yes, I take the advice. I don't have a mom or mom in law or friend who's had a baby recently I can ask about this stuff. I use common sense, I read a lot, and in the end I make the decision. But I find a lot of advice on here very helpful.





It does scare me though when people tell somebody not to take a medication that was prescribed my a physician for a reason, and they seem to listen- or when they use YA as a substitute for a doctor's advice, or when they bypass the doctor altogether.
Reading someone's answer may give me another question to ask my doctor or different talking points with her, but I would never not see a doctor because someone on Y/A says it's not a big deal.





With help/advice about kids, it depends on the person. I respect some people on here more than others and would take what they said to heart.
Depends on how its done I guess. I research it to get my own view on the subject, then I make the decision that best fits us. If it is someone just flat out telling me to do this and this, then no. If they offer up their opinion on something or bring it up that they do it with their child etc then I will look more into it.
Not really. I just find it interesting to hear other ideas.





Why would someone thumb my answer down? I don't listen to the advice I just like to hear what other people think. You can never trust what you read on the internet unless it comes from a reliable source. That's just my opinion.
NOT EVEN A LITTLE.





I rarely ask those types of questions here...but on the occasion that I have...it's usually just to see if I'm being paranoid...because I tend to be a little over protective








I hardly trust the doctors...why on earth would I ever trust a perfect stranger that I know nothing about?





I may take their links and use it in my own research...but take advice for face value and apply it ....to my child of all things????





That's a big ';HELL NO';...lol
Usually, I'm looking to see if anyone has or has had the same situatuon that I have! I like to hear what they do or did to resolve it! My Dr. is the only advice that I'll follow for mine and my baby to be's health!
I think most people ask opinions on here. No one is a Doctor so if I am looking for other experiences then I read them and listen to what they had to say. I would never have someone diagnose me on here who is clearly not a Doctor.
if its good advice. the kind that makes me go ';oh, why didnt i think of that';. then yes i take it.





but theres a lot of answers i get that i would never dream of listening to.
Yes, if it makes sense and sounds rational. People on here have usualy been thru what you ask and are Very helpful. I have learned a lot from the answers.
Sometimes it just gives me something else to consider/research and bring up with the doctor.


It's nice to hear about experiences and possibilities.
If the advice is good advice when it comes to kids and I hope some people take my advice when it comes to kids. For health...no one should take any advice on here except for (go to a doctor)
Generally speaking I always have at least one answer that I feel is reasonable and sound advice. There are also answers that sound like there's straight out of a book... or the mind of someone a bit deranged!
I don't ask questions about my health on here, I go to a doctor. However if I see a good suggestion on a non-life altering matter I will consider it
I would never ask a question about my childs health on here. If I have questions about my kids health I go straight to a reliable source and research things myself.
.no.
if it's any good then yes I do.
yes u do. and 9 times out of ten they are right
My brother is a Pediatrician...So no.. But I do call him on occasion to give advice..I like to play doctor.LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment