Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Epidural stories or advice about epidurals?

I am wondering about getting an epidural when I go into labor. I dnt want to because I dnt want to numb my legs completely, that has always been a fear of mine. I have only heard rumors of that being true though. Is it??? how does it actually feel to get an epidural, and does anyone have stories to share about their experience with it???





thanks!!Epidural stories or advice about epidurals?
its the best thing ever i just had a baby 10 days ago as soon as you get it the pain stops you do go numb from the waist down but it sure beats the pain. good luckEpidural stories or advice about epidurals?
I was planning on not getting an epi with my son but after the pain I decided to go ahead with it. To be honest I was in so much pain that once they gave me the epi I did'nt even try to see if I could feel my legs I just felt so much more relaxed. I was able to take a nap and woke up 2 hrs later and I has dilated 7cm up to 10 and it was time to push. Getting the epi itself hurt alittle. You cannot feel the needle at all but you feel a burn when the medicine goes in. It only lasts a short time though and after that I was able to enjoy everything a lot more!
this is weird my nickname is bubbles and im the same anyhow lol i had epilepsy as a child i grew out of it and the star of a fit felt like my legs going numb so i was terrified and was determined not to get the epidural but i was in sooo much pain i was screaming 4 it lol it just feels like ur legs are really heavy u can move them but they are numb to the touch its not like pins and needles r anything its ok trust me . as for putting it in the give u a lanesthetictetic first that stings a bit nothing major after that its great . just make sure u time it right my wore off an hour b4 i started pushing but up to then it was great gud look
I am a huge fan of the epidural!! I know it's a personal choice,but for me it made the whole process almost enjoyable ie; no pain, lol.I had the same fears as you but after 9 hours on pitocin and a stalled labor, i was exhausted and in a lot of pain.The epidural made me relax and that helped greatly with my labor and delivery....p.s. my legs didn't go numb, I just had no more pain.Whatever you decide... good luck the payoff is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment